7 Tips to Improve the Conversion Rate of Your Opt-In Form
Even small changes can sometimes improve your new subscriber opt-in rate dramatically, resulting in thousands more opt-ins that you would have otherwise gotten. Here’s how…
- People photos – Response tends to increase if there is a photo of a person. And since both women and men respond better to a picture of a pretty woman, that’s what you’ll want to use.
- The eyes have it – Have the woman looking directly at the action you want them to take. In this case, you want them to click the button to opt-in, so this is where she should be looking.
- Tools rule. For your incentive, try offering a tool instead of a technique. People believe if they have to tools pros use, they’ll perform like pros. Just look at all of the terrible golfers with high-end clubs and you’ll see this is true. Your tool might be a piece of software, a comprehensive guide, a secret website and so forth.
- Lists of tools are even better. For example, the 5 best resources for losing weight or the 3 best resources for doubling your opt-in rate. A list of tools has actually been proven to convert higher than some things of much greater value, such as a free coaching session.
- Video isn’t the incentive powerhouse it once was. Know that the perceived value of videos has gone down considerably. Offering free videos for their opt-in does not work like it used to. Offering tools or a list of resources tends to work better these days.
- Curiosity lights a fire. In your headline offering your free incentive to join your list, use curiosity. For example: “The only 3 pieces of exercise equipment you need in your home. Hint: they all weigh less than 5 pounds.” Obviously what you’re going to reveal is unexpected, and thus they become curious enough to find out.
- Use a two-step opt-in. On the opt-in page, have a button to get the free list, report, etc. Then have a new box open that asks where you should send it and a box for their email. This two-step opt-in works better than the old method of having the opt-in form right there on the squeeze page.
If you’re not already doing these things, try all seven and you might easily see your opt-in rate double.